About myself (Freelancer, Software Developer / Programmer)
I work as software developer for several years. As employee of the Ingtes AG I realized software projects for small and also for big companies from different parts of industry and commerce.
Most projects where in Visual Basic some of them in delphi also.
My activity included all areas of the software life-cycle - requirements analysis, design, implementation, maintenance and project management.
By the way I have made a few small programms during this time - tools for my private usage and programms for having fun (some of them you will find on this web pages).
Since march 2000 I have a screensaver on the internet. With this project a small dream of me came true - my own small but complete product.
Meanwhile I am a freelance software developer since more than two years. My focal point is Delphi - my passion. I develop database applications and try to enlarge the area "own products".
Andreas Kardin, male, felicitously married, born 5. May 1972
|5. may born in Bern
|Relocation to Aarau
|"Primarschule" in Aarau
|"Bezirksschule" in Aarau
|"Kantonsschule" in Aarau
|Several small projects
|Employee of Ingtes AG as software developer and project manager
|Change to independency (freelancer)
Since I was 12 I have got extensive knowledge about computer science, software development and information technology - with 12 I wrote programms on paper before I got my first computer.
I never felt very well in state-controled scools because of different reasons.
I think one of them was that I was interested in a specific direction very early in my life.
Another might be more important. I have my own learning tempo. I like to acquire knowledge by myself. The only things I need are books and in the last few years documents out of the internet. I comprehend fast and I am interested in many things.
That should not mean that I don't like to communicate. On the contrary! I like the exchange of experience, knowledge and the dialog with people - these are a few of my strengths. What I meant was that I don't like inflexible structures.
Since 6 years I work successfully as software developer und I was allowed to proof my knowledge and my skills (take a look at the box to the right).
Projects (Ingtes AG)
- Maintenance and extension of several client- / server systems for administration of taxes of artificial and natural persons.
Microsoft Visual Basic 3-5, Microsoft SQL Server 4-6.5, Windows 9x/NT
- Collaboration in a 3-tiered client- / server system for assessment of premises.
Microsoft Visual Basic 6, Microsoft SQL Server 6.5, Microsoft Transaction Server 2.0, Windows 9x/NT
- Development and realization of an industrial application to optimize business processes (implementation of a report server (Windows / Borland Delphi) to access and process informix data).
Borland Delphi 5, Interbase 5, Informix 7, Windows NT
- Collaboration in the development of a multi-tiered radio transmitter database.
Microsoft Visual Basic 6, Oracle 7, Windows NT
- Conception and development of a distributed content management system on the base of XML for reception, administration and forwarding of multimedia content.
Borland Delphi 5, Windows 9x/NT
- Extension of a simple desktop publishing system for vicarages.
Borland Delphi 5, Paradox, Windows 9x/NT
- Project management and collaboration in the development of a database system for testing and administration of electric motors.
Microsoft Visual Basic 6, Delphi, Microsoft SQL Server 7, Windows 9x/NT
Products Of My Own
- Particle Systems Screen Saver. An exciting screensaver that runs stable and clean under any 32-bit windows platform.
- many small programms and tools (some of them are on this site)
- XDreamity - Bildschirmschoner selbstgemacht (german title). It is a programm for creating your own screensavers with animation, music and special effects. It is my first commercial product that can be bought in various stores in germany, austria and switzerland
- Object oriented analysis, design and programming (OOA, OOD, OOP)
- Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- and more
- Delphi (VCL, components, API, database, graphics)
- Assembler (Intel x86, Motorola 680xx)
- Visual Basic (applications, user-controls, ActiveX, API, Access Basic, Office VBA)
- Transact SQL (stored procedures) and SQL
- JAVA (sketchy)
- C, C++ (sketchy)
- Oberon II
- different basic dialects and scripting languages
- Microsoft SQL Server (installation, configuration, programming)
- Oracle (Usage, data access, client-installations under windows)
- Informix (sketchy)
- Windows (3.1, 95, 98, NT 4, 2000)
- Linux (sketchy)
- Amiga OS
- some old ROM basic systems
- ActiveX, COM
- Windows API (user services, GDI, etc.)
- several data access layers (DAO, RDO, ADO)
- internet technologies TCP/IP, HTTP, HTML, FTP, CGI, etc.
- Microsoft Transation Server
- office automation
- and more
Applications And Tools
- Borland Delphi
- Microsoft Visual Studio (Visual Basic and several tools like setup wizards etc.)
- Microsoft Visual Source Safe
- Microsoft Office
- Crystal Reports
- imaging processing software (Photo Shop, Paint Shop, GIMP, Macromedia Fireworks, etc.)
- Macromedia Dreamweaver
- and more
- installation and configuration of pc hardware
- deep knowledge about the internal things of computers, CPU (architecture, caching, modern strategies like pipelining, jump prediction, out of order execution), memory management (MMU, virtual memory), interrupts, FPU, special instruction sets (MMX, 3dNow), IDE, SCSI, PCI, AGP, etc.